Whether you need an interview, photographs, story ideas, media hosting or the scoop on statewide events and attractions, we're here to help.
Pumpkin Festival Time at Shepherd's Cross
By Tourism Industry Partner
It is Harvest Time on the Farm. Pumpkins are here! All shapes & sizes, thousands to choose from. Bring the family out for a peaceful respite from lifes hectic pace.
Pumpkin Festival Dates & Times
October 6th through October 29th, 2011 Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10:00 am – 6:30 p.m.
And - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday by appointment Closed Sunday
- The Pumpkin Festival is a harvest celebration held at Shepherd’s Cross, an authentic working farm, just north of Claremore OK on Scenic Route 66.
- Come to the farm and enjoy the peace of a few hours spent in the country. Wholesome fun for the entire family includes hay maze, games, Farm Animal Petting Barn, demonstrations, story time, and truckloads of pumpkins of all shapes and sizes for purchase; as well as straw bales & corn stalks.
- Hayrides go out approximately every 30 minutes. The farm museum will also be open. The Bible Garden will be available for guided or self-guided tours; and to see pumpkins growing on the vine. Shepherd’s Shop will be open, featuring a host of festive fall, handmade and farm related gifts and wares.
- The event is available free of charge. Donations are accepted; $2 per person suggested donation. Hayrides are $5.00 per person; children one and under are free. Group Package Tours are available (see website for more info)
- The Pumpkin Festival will proceed even in the case of inclimate weather. Many demonstrations will take place in the Amish built gambrel roof tour barn, which houses some of the animals as well as the wool processing, farm museum, games, hands on learning stations, story time and the gift shop.
- Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritoruism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, and a distribution site for the Oklahoma Food Co-op.
Shepherd's Cross Inc. & Heart of the Shepherd Inc.
16792 East 450 Road
Claremore, OK 74017-0935
918.342.5911 Fax: 918.342.5911