|The Living Nativity
|Dec 12, 2013 - Dec 21, 2013
|• The Living Nativity is an indoor, heated walk through event complete with farm animals and costumed characters inside a gambrel roof barn at Shepherd’s Cross, an authentic working farm, just north of Claremore on scenic Route 66.
• Come to the farm and enjoy the peace of a few hours spent in the country, contemplating that original Christmas when the Christ Child was born in a stable.
• Open the barn door and step back in time - spinning, weaving and wool working demonstrations throughout the day.
• Watch as handmade evergreen wreaths are created; 100% of proceeds returned to missions.
• Complimentary apple cider & cookies.
• Enjoy a Shepherd Christmas children’s audio-visual program.
• This year the Living Nativity will feature three dramatic stories – one of the following stories told by a dramatic storyteller each hour:
o Elisabeth – the story of Christ’s birth from the perspective of Elisabeth (John the Baptist’s mother) – written & told by Betty Howard
o The Inn Keeper’s Wife - the story of Christ’s birth from the perspective of the Innkeeper’s Wife’s – written & told by Frankie Campbell.
o Menagerie at the Manger - the story of Christmas from the animals at the manger – written & told by Linda Allen
• Shepherd’s Shop will be open, featuring a host of Made in Oklahoma crafts & gifts from over 50 artisans.
o Animal Welfare Approved, farm fresh grass fed, free range, natural lamb meat is available.
o 100% natural wool yarns and fibers are available; processed at our own mini-wool mill. Shepherd’s Cross is an —eco-friendly” wool mill.
o A Fair Trade Shop that sells hand made products from missions, and returns 100% of the proceeds to those missions, is a part of Shepherd’s Shop, representing several nations.
o This is black walnut & pecan harvest season on the farm. Farm fresh black walnuts & native pecans will be available at down home country prices. Pick your own or enjoy pre-picked or pre-cracked nuts.
• Enjoy watching the sheep resting in the pastures, as they did that first Christmas night.
• The event is available free of charge. Donations are accepted and are tax deductible. Suggested donation is $3 per person.
• Journey with the Shepherds – Hayride in the pasture - as they journeyed to see the Christ on that first hallowed night. Hayrides available every two hours ($5 per person; cancelled in inclement weather). 100% of proceeds benefit missions.
• Buses or groups of 20 or more, please schedule in advance. Advance Group Package Deals are available.
• Shepherd’s Cross is home to a non-profit Christian organization called Heart of the Shepherd that hosts this event. Shepherd’s Cross provides the farm, animals and the barn for the event.
• Free Children’s activity – bird feeder
• Farm Museum will be open
• The Living Nativity will proceed even in the case of inclement weather. Activities take place inside the heated Amish built gambrel roof tour barn, which houses some of the animals as well as the wool processing, farm museum, games, hands on learning stations, story time and the gift shop.
|16792 E 450 Rd|
|Claremore, OK 74017|
|Print this page|