State Park FAQs

State Park FAQs

How do I get a hunting or fishing license?

There are a wide variety of fishing and hunting licenses that range in price from $5 for youth licenses to several hundred dollars for lifetime licenses. With three different ways to purchase a license, planning an Oklahoma fishing or hunting trip is made easy.

First, there are over 700 license dealers across the state. You can purchase fishing or hunting licenses at places like sporting goods stores, bait/tackle shops, convenience stores and even large discount centers, like Wal-Mart.

Second, you can order a fishing or hunting license online through the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation's website, There is a $3 convenience fee that is charged for each transaction. Only VISA and MasterCard are the accepted and your license can be printed from your computer when the purchase is complete.

Finally, non-residents can order licenses directly from the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation by calling (405) 521-3852. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Central Time and only VISA and MasterCard payments are accepted. Please allow sufficient mailing time to receive licenses.

For information about Oklahoma fishing and hunting regulations, download the Oklahoma Fishing Guide, Oklahoma Waterfowl Guide and the Oklahoma Hunting Guide and Regulations publications from the Wildlife Department's website or you can find these free magazines at most locations where fishing and hunting licenses are sold.

Can I rent a boat in the state park?

Many of the state parks have marinas within the park and some of those offer rentals. Prices vary from park to park. Below you'll find links to state parks with marinas.

Keystone State Park - Pier 51 - boat rentals and repairs
Sequoyah State Park - Paradise Cove Marina - paddleboats and pontoons
Lake Texoma State Park - Catfish Bay Marina - paddleboats, pontoons and canoes
Foss State Park - Capt'n Jon's - pontoon boats
Beavers Bend State Park - Beavers Bend Marina - boats and jet skis
Lake Eufaula State Park - Lake Eufaula Marina - does not currently rent boats
Lake Murray State Park - Lake Murray Marina and Lake Murray Water Sports - both offer rentals

Marinas within state parks do not charge a fee to launch a watercraft for day use. In the event of a fishing tournament, some parks may charge a $25 fee to the event promoter for use of the ramp(s).

Can I make a campsite reservation?

Yes! RV and tent campsites, individual and group picnic shelters in Oklahoma State Parks campgrounds must be reserved online. Click here to book an RV or tent site or shelter.

How many tents can I put on a site?

In a tent camping area, one tent is allowed per site. One child's tent may also be placed on that site at no additional cost. When staying on an RV site, one child's tent will be allowed at no extra cost. Any other tent placed on an RV site accompanying an RV is charged a base rate fee of $16 per night, per site, in addition to the fee for the RV. Managers at individual parks have discretionary allowance with regards to the number of tents per site for organized groups in tent camping and primitive areas.

Can I pay for just the electric service on a RV spot?
If you camp on a site with utilities, no matter how many utilities are provided (water, electric or sewer) or if you choose to use only one service, you must still pay full price for that site.
What are the quiet hours in the park?
Campground quiet hours are from 11:00 pm to 6:00 am. Generators are not allowed during this time.
How long can I stay at a state park?
You may stay in the same campsite for up to 14 days. Please see the park manager for extension requests. Extension request approvals are based on the season and availability.
Are pets allowed in state parks?
Pets are allowed in the state parks as long as they are kept on a leash no longer than 10 feet, supervised at all times and cleaned up after.
What do I do in case of severe weather?
Each state park will have a designated safe place in case of severe weather. Safe places are usually areas like bathhouses, clubhouses or designated storm shelters. The safe place location and emergency numbers will be posted at the park office and at bathhouses. In case of emergency, always dial 911.
How can I make a cabin or lodge reservation at an Oklahoma State Park?

Visit the state parks booking page to make your reservation.

Where do I get wood for my camp fire?

Check with the park staff or park manager first. There are some instances where collecting firewood from the forest floor is permissible. Some park offices sell firewood. Park guests may also bring charcoal and starter logs if they choose. Firewood from outside the park is discouraged to help prevent the spread of harmful insects. Please remember to always observe local burn ban regulations. Click here to find the current burn ban status issued by the Oklahoma Forestry Services.

Are golf carts and utility vehicles allowed in Oklahoma State Parks?

Carts are allowed to be used by persons with physical disabilities as well as other persons with the proper permit and approval from the park manager. Permits may require a fee. Parks that do allow golf carts with proper permit include Cherokee Landing, Foss, Fort Cobb, Great Plains, Greenleaf, Lake Texoma, McGee Creek and Sequoyah Bay. For information about using golf carts at any park not listed above, please call the park directly.

Golf carts may only be operated within the boundary of the designated state park during daylight hours. The operator must possess a valid driver's license and may only go on roadways with a posted speed of 25 miles an hour or less.

Where can I find more Oklahoma State Park information?

To find out more about the wide variety of state parks in Oklahoma, please visit the Oklahoma State Parks page on There you'll find a state parks map to choose the perfect location for your adventure. Each park has its own page featuring articles, photos and videos as well as individual park maps. A variety of free brochures are also available to make your Oklahoma State Park vacation a success.