Founded in 1966, the Gaslight Theatre in Enid is one of the oldest community theatres in Oklahoma. The theatre consistently presents high-caliber productions, which include a healthy mix of comedies, dramas and musicals. Each season, 10 productions are held including a dinner theatre production and a summer musical. Past productions have included "Miracle on 34th Street," "Cinderella" and "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten." The Gaslight Theatre also presents an annual Shakespeare in the Park, which is free to the public and held in Enid's Government Springs Park.
People have also reported a haunting presence at the theatre. There are unexplained sounds in different areas including windows that shake when there is no wind. Some kind of shadowed figure was lurking in the rafters upstairs one day, and a crew member of the theater thought it was a fellow employee. The crew member asked for help while hanging lights for an upcoming production, but the figure did not move. When he looked back, it was gone. If you visit close to Halloween, you may just see a ghost during your trip to the Gaslight.
- Gaslight Theatre presents: Scrooge! The Musical
- Gaslight Theatre presents: The Giver
- Gaslight Theatre presents: Duck Hunter Shoots Angel
- Gaslight Theatre presents: Jack and the Beanstalk
- Gaslight Theatre presents: No Exit
- Gaslight Theatre presents: Twelfth Night
- Gaslight Theatre presents: Little Shop of Horrors